The mission of Augusta University Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is to ensure that its athletic programs are operated in conformance with the overall institutional mission. We are committed to the highest standards of sportsmanship, teamwork, scholarship and citizenship.
Intercollegiate athletics enhances the university experience of all students, participants and non-participants alike, by developing school spirit and creating a sense of community. Athletics thus serves the university's mission of enhancing the quality of the student experience. Athletic programs entertain and enrich the university's community and the people of the CSRA, therefore contributing to the out reach mission of the university.
The Mission Statement of Augusta University Athletics is based on a commitment to the following Core Principles:
- Academic Responsibility and Scholastic Achievement
- Student Athlete Growth and Development
- Safety and Welfare of Student Athletes
- Sense of Competitive Balance
Based on this mission statement and core principals of Intercollegiate Athletics at Augusta University our objective is to:
1. Provide an equal opportunity for female and male student athletes of good character and academic performance, to compete in organized intercollegiate athletics while pursuing a baccalaureate degree.
2. Provide an opportunity for each student athlete to grow as a total person by enabling involvement in more areas of student life and by providing the tools that will aid the student athlete after graduation.
3. Provide financial opportunity through scholarship assistance to diverse and deserving student athletes of local, regional, national and international origins.
4. Provide quality athletic facilities for student athletic participation, community utilization, and regional, national and international good will.
5. Utilize intercollegiate athletics as a means to reach and draw together the university community, the alumni and people of the CSRA and to provide a source of institutional pride to alumni, faculty, and students through athletic competiveness and academic integrity.
6. Ensure in all areas of intercollegiate athletics, that Augusta University demands and functions with integrity, social responsibility, ethical standards, and strict adherence to the spirit and letter of all Augusta University, Peach Belt Conference and NCAA rules.