About the SAAC:
The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee membership is composed of two members from each intercollegiate team and cheerleading squad, with one representative from the sports medicine staff.
These members serve as a conduit of communication among student-athletes, coaches and athletics administrators on issues to improve the student-athlete experience and promote growth and education through sports participation. Concerns can be voiced and solutions offered regarding any issue that may be relevant to student-athletes.
Functions of the SAAC:
- Promote communication between athletics administration and student-athletes.
- Disseminate information.
- Provide feedback and insight into athletics department issues.
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the athletics department formulation of policies.
- Build a sense of community within the athletics program involving all athletics teams.
- Solicit student-athlete responses to proposed conference and NCAA legislation.
- Organize community service efforts.
- Create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees.
- Promote a positive student-athlete image on campus.
The SAAC members meet monthly under the direction of an elected president and a senior member of the athletic management team.
President: Kendyl Conner, Softball
Vice President: Jordan Raper, Men's Track & Field
Secretary: Justin Harrison, Men's Track & Field
Treasurer: Amber Palermo, Women's Cross Country / Track & Field
|Baseball||Ty Hobbs, Jose Nogueras|
|Men's Basketball||Aaron Byrd, TBA|
|Women's Basketball||Joshlyn Belcher, Tanesha Campbell, Abrea Harris|
|Men's Cross Country||Hunter Kimball|
|Women's Cross Country||Olivia Rodriguez, Lara Way|
|Men's Golf||Constantin Unger, Adam Walden|
|Women's Golf||Charlotte Alran, Linda Lundqvist|
|Softball||Kendyl Conner, Morgan Hunter|
|Men's Track||Justin Harrison, Zatrick Pearce, Jordan Raper|
|Women's Track||Shelby Myers, Amber Palermo|
|Volleyball||Blair Bolton, Savanna Gonzales|
2016-17 SAAC Meeting Notes:
- Meeting 1 (August 31, 2016)
- Meeting 2 (September 8, 2016)
- Meeting 3 (September, 29, 2016)
- Meeting 4 (Oct. 6, 2016)
- Meeting 5 (Nov. 7, 2016)
Educating student-athletes as to the potential dangers associated with personal websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. They teach how these sites can be used responsibly and a way to portray themselves in a positive light.
Make A Wish Foundation
Over the last five years, Division II student athletes have raised more than $500,000 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. The money has funded more than 70 wishes for kids.
For more information on the money raised and kids who have been helped, click on the link below. The link also includes a video.
The Jag Cup represents a competition that is played by all the sports programs at ASU. This program provides a means of recognizing what our student athletes are doing beyond their playing field or court. To learn more click on the link below:
What is the Jag Cup