DALLAS, Texas – Augusta University baseball junior Zack Goble has been named the NCAA Southeast Region Hitter of the Week by the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association. The NCBWA announced the award on March 21 from the headquarters in Dallas, Texas.
Goble, also tabbed the Peach Belt Conference Player of the Week, hit five home runs and was 9-for-12 with 10 RBI, five runs, two doubles, four walks, and zero strikeouts against No. 6 nationally-ranked Flagler March 16-18 in St. Augustine, Fla.
The Blackshear, Ga. native hit .750, registered a 2.167 slugging percentage, and posted a .813 on-base percentage. His three homers in game two tied a PBC single-game record. Goble also pitched an inning to close out game two and help the Jaguars to victory.
Founded in 1962, the NCBWA is dedicated to the advancement of college baseball. Membership is open to writers, broadcasters and publicists of the sport. Members receive a membership card, directory, newsletter updates and official votes in the Howser Award Player of the Year, Regional Player of the Year and NCBWA All-America voting. The NCBWA also sponsors preseason All-America awards, publication and writing contests.
Division II Regional Players of the Week:
- Atlantic: Christian Porterfield, Slippery Rock (Hitter); Gabe Mosser, Shippensburg (Pitcher)
- Central: Taylor Avila, Central Oklahoma (Hitter); Josh Gaworski, Concordia-St. Paul (Pitcher)
- East: Daren Grabowski, Bridgeport (Hitter); Frankie Moscatiello, St. Thomas Aquinas (Pitcher)
- Midwest: Steven Ring, Hillsdale (Hitter); Tyler Jandron, Northwood (Pitcher)
- South: Zack Shannon, Delta State (Hitter); Keven Pimentel, Tampa (Pitcher)
- South Central: Walter Pennington, Colorado School of Mines (Hitter); Javon Rigsby, Arkansas-Fort Smith (Pitcher)
- Southeast: Zack Goble, Augusta (Hitter); Kolton Ingram, Columbus State (Pitcher)
- West: Drew Cowley, Cal Poly Pomona (Hitter); Isaiah Carranza, Azusa Pacific (Pitcher)
Fans of Jaguar Athletics can subscribe to the email listserve by clicking here. Fans can follow Augusta University at www.augustajags.com and receive short updates on Facebook at Augusta University Athletics / on Twitter at @AugustaJags and on Instagram @augustajags