AUGUSTA, Ga. -- Augusta State extended its winning streak to 10 in a row Wednesday afternoon when the Lady Jaguars registered a 5-4 non-conference victory over Indiana (Pa.) at Newman Tennis Center.
ASU's Julie Fontaine defeated Emilia Osborne in three sets (6-1, 4-6, 6-1) to secure the winning point at No. 5 singles. Lissa Murakami and Maria C. Pimentel each notched a pair of victories, while Fontaine and ASU's Roberta Oliveira (No. 3 singles) each picked up a win in singles.
The ASU men's and women's squads are right back in action on Thursday when they host Columbus State in a pair of Peach Belt Conference matchups. First serve is slated for 2:00 p.m., at Newman Tennis Center.
No. 46 Augusta State 5, No. 35 Indiana (Pa.) 4
Augusta, Ga. (Newman Tennis Center)
March 20, 2013
1. Katie Eaton (IUP) def. Victoria Lindqvist (ASU) 3-6, 6-4, 7-6 (7-5)
2. Tanya Timko (IUP) def. Liv Pettersson (ASU) 6-4, 6-4
3. Roberta Oliveira (ASU) def. Abby McCormick (IUP) 6-4, 6-3
4. Maria C. Pimentel (ASU) def. Emilia Osborne (IUP) 6-2, 6-2
5. Julie Fontaine (ASU) def. Erika Schnaas (IUP) 6-1, 4-6, 6-1
6. Lissa Murakami (ASU) def. Ranvita Mahto (IUP) 6-1, 6-2
1. Katie Eaton/Erika Schnaas (IUP) def. Victoria Lindqvist/Liv Pettersson (ASU) 8-4
2. Tanya Timko/Emilia Osborne (IUP) def. Roberta Oliveira/Julie Fontaine (ASU) 8-3
3. Lissa Murakami/Maria C. Pimentel (ASU) def. Alanna McFail/Abby McCormick (IUP) 8-4
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2,1); Singles (4,6,3,2,5,1)