AUGUSTA, Ga. – The Peach Belt Conference announced the 2019 volleyball Preseason All-Conference team on Thursday morning and Augusta University junior Chloe Allen and senior Jessica Hedrick were two of the eight players honored. The preseason All-Conference team represents five different PBC teams and was selected by the league's head coaches.
Augusta posted two players to the squad, USC Aiken had three, and Flagler, Georgia College and Lander had one each.
Chloe Allen, Augusta
Junior middle hitter from Richmond Hill, Ga.
- A second-team All-Conference selection in 2018 and an AVCA All-Region honorable mention
- Ranked second in the PBC in block assists and blocks per set, third in total blocks, sixth in hitting percentage and seventh in aces
- Had six matches of double-figure kills, including the semifinal and championship games of the PBC Tournament, which Augusta won for the first time in school history
Jessica Hedrick, Augusta
A senior middle blocker from St. Louis, Mo.
- Led the Peach Belt in blocks per set, solo blocks, block assists and blocks per set in 2018
- Set a career-high with eight blocks and season-high with 13 kills in the PBC Tournament championship game last year, earning All-Tournament honors
- The 2016 PBC Freshman of the Year, she was named to the 2018 All-Academic team and was a PBC Presidential Honor Roll Silver Scholar
View the PBC press release by clicking here
2019 PBC Volleyball Preseason All-Conference Team
- Chloe Allen, Augusta
- Libby Bochniak, Georgia College
- Christine Carroll, USC Aiken
- Jessica Hedrick, Augusta
- Rebecca Martinez, USC Aiken
- Karlie Redfern, Flagler
- Madilyn Reed, Lander
- Alie Smith, USC Aiken
Fans of Jaguar Athletics can subscribe to the email listserve by clicking here. Fans can follow Augusta University at www.augustajags.com and receive short updates on Facebook at Augusta University Athletics and on Twitter at @AugustaJags